ADVERTISEMENT

2017 WR Alex Cook Interview

DanielWalker

Oct 27, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
This past weekend I had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with UCLA 2017 WR Target Alex Cook from Sheldon High School in Sacramento at the Rivals Camp.

Cook is very explosive off the ball, a great route-runner, and possesses great hands. He plans to get stronger this offseason, but said his main focus is to get faster. He also informed me that the players in the NFL he models his game after are Tavon Austin and Julio Jones.

The TrueGrit 7v7 Wide Receiver is being strictly at the wideout position only. However, he informed me at Sheldon HS he returns kicks, and plays on both sides of the ball. Angus visited Cook at his school back on December 3, but Cook did not receive an offer from the UCLA coaching staff until March 10 following his strong showcase at the Nike LA regional. Angus McClure is his primary recruiter, however, he says he and Yarber have a good relationship as well. He described Angus as "the coolest coach on the staff."

The NorCal wideout holds offers from Oregon State, Utah, San Jose State, and UCLA. The school he says recruiting him the hardest is Utah. Cook also stated Oregon has been in contact with him quite a bit recently and he expects an offer coming soon. "It was my dream offer, " Cook told me regarding UCLA.

Alex Cook will be attending upcoming camps at Washington, San Jose State, and will participate in the Nike Opening Oakland Regional. Cook took an unofficial visit to Westwood following the QB challenge Sunday. He previously visited Washington unofficially and stopped by Cal for its Junior Day. I asked him about his experience at the local school Cal's Junior Day and he stated, "It did not feel like a football environment." Cook has no plans for any unofficial visits following his stop at Westwood Sunday. He plans to focus on football for now and then officially visit Utah, Arizona, and UCLA this fall.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News