ADVERTISEMENT

Hey SUC fans...stay inside!! You might get shot!

Jdosta

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2008
There is a shooter on the loose near Adams and the 110 fwy. No joke.

Jdosta
Do you know what is bothersome? It's that the SC guys somehow equate their basketball program with our football program. There is no comparison. In basketball SC is nowhere on the map. They're not even a regional player. Hell, Long Beach and San Diego State are far superior. Pepperdine and Loyola have more basketball accomplishments. And their superiority to us in football has teetered at various times when we had Red Sanders, Tommy Prothro, Dick Vermeil, Bob Toledo and of course, TD who had a winning head to head record. Now with CJM, if we are not looking down on them, we are at least eye to eye. And it's Mora's eye versus Sarkisian's. To mention SC hoops in the same breath as UCLA football is like comparing Jamaica to the US in winter events. Jamaica is great in summer events but their winter events are a joke. The US is not as accomplished in the sprints but in winter events there is no comparison.

To SC fans who equate thier basketball program to our football program, I say sorry, not close. I think a more rational argument would be their football program with our basketball program, to which I contend our basketball program is more successful based on the number of championships and level of dominance we have achieved. But, I would say it is also close between our basketball and thier football program.

Now, some SC fans will insinuate UCLA is a basketball school and they are a football school. How narrow of a thought proves to be. The correct association would be that both schools are well rounded athletic institutions having accomplished success in many sports. But some SC fans prefer simple discriptions which would appear to be true from the surface, but can a school which has produced several Rose Bowl victories, a national championship and a Hiesman trophy winner not be considered a football school?

To be fair, I experience the same difficulty as SC fans accepting the fact that UCLA has a very relevant football program when I consider USC a respectable academic institution.

I'll tell ya... I'm impressed to hell and back with UGLY's one NC since, what? 1972?

Man, had the internet been around during the Wooden years? UCLA would've been sanctioned until the year 2416? Has there ever been such a corrupt program in NCAA history?

I won't get into that half championship in football in '53? THAT is about the same at USC basketball I think.
confused0006.r191677.gif

Demon, I bet you didn't know Anthony Davis didn't even use a parking space to park his brand new Caddy in front of his classes. My dad went to USC. Sorry, dude hate to break it to you.

Demon comparing PC to John Wooden

Pete Carroll cheated and USC was sanctioned. Sam Gilbert cheated and CS Northridge was sanctioned (just a joke paraphrasing Jerry Tarkanian). Actually UCLA's trip to the hoops 1980 NCAA finals was vacated because of the Gilbert transgressions. So neither UCLA nor USC are choir boys. I doubt there is a big time sports program that hasn't at some point crossed the line. Even Coach K has felt criticism over some of his recruits. Just because you want to take a shot at Wooden doesn't make CPC any less of a cheater. Say, why don't you come up with a nifty nickname for Wooden? Dishonest John? Pyramid of lies? Wooden won't behave? I tell you it's hard coming up with a nickname for a guy who has had a post office named after him, has received awards from the president and congress, whose children's books are used as text books in grammar schools, who was married to the same woman for fifty years, who lived up to every contract even though he was worth 100 times more, who's name hangs on the highest award in college basketball, and who was voted the greatest coach of the 20th century. But of course such accomplishments are overshadowed by a 63 year old guy who dumps his wife for a coed, tightens his face every few years so he can stay current, and then leaves a storied football program just as his marker comes due. I can see why you want to compare Cheaty's period to John Wooden's. GENIUS. (I swiped this from myself after posting on the main board, but I just wanted to rub Demon's face in it.).

Re: Demon comparing PC to John Wooden

So, what you are saying is that because he got so many awards, the cheating part should be overlooked?? And while your at it, exactly(precisely) what was the violation that Pete committed??

As for him going to Seattle, it was what he always wanted since before he even got to SC. He wanted the control to be able to control his roster decisions. Someone offered him a boat load of money and the power to make these calls. Even after the NCAA came up with their investigation, Pete still coached at SC for a few years after. WAS there ever really a good time in your mind that you would have felt he made a fair decision to leave?? Honestly, you should be overcome with joy that someone took him away. PC owned L.A.

This post was edited on 3/7 4:48 PM by vincentjr

This post was edited on 3/7 4:50 PM by vincentjr

Nice try, Vincent. I ve got some beachfront property in Colorado if your interested. Its Real Niice

Jdosta stop being a coward and answer Vincents question???

What violation did Pete Carroll commit while at USC??? If you find a violation that Pete committed I'll advise you to forward it to the NZAA. They will need all the support they can get from you bruins in regards to the Todd McNair's slander case. Get real brotha.

PGW

Re: Jdosta stop being a coward and answer Vincents question???

You're right SC fans. Pete was a squeaky clean guy. That beach front property is no longer available incase you were interested. I have a tropical fruit farm in Idaho though. Nothing like guavas from Idaho...real niiice.

Seriously, you can't be serious with this question.

You were the same joker that said Pete cheated to win the Super Bowl. You obviously don't know your arse from a hole in the ground.

No, it's you who has no clue. I never stated that Pete cheated to win the Super Bowl. I could care less what he does in the NFL. It's fun to watch Harbaugh kick his ass though.

Our Basketball program is no where near your football program. However your football is not is the same league as our football.

Your basketball was great under Wooden. However only 1 NC in hoops for you guys in the last 35 yrs is a bit of a distant memory.

I would agree with that. Did not say our football program is on par with USC's.

Originally posted by alan moore:
Pete Carroll cheated and USC was sanctioned. Sam Gilbert cheated and CS Northridge was sanctioned (just a joke paraphrasing Jerry Tarkanian). Actually UCLA's trip to the hoops 1980 NCAA finals was vacated because of the Gilbert transgressions. So neither UCLA nor USC are choir boys. I doubt there is a big time sports program that hasn't at some point crossed the line. Even Coach K has felt criticism over some of his recruits. Just because you want to take a shot at Wooden doesn't make CPC any less of a cheater. Say, why don't you come up with a nifty nickname for Wooden? Dishonest John? Pyramid of lies? Wooden won't behave? I tell you it's hard coming up with a nickname for a guy who has had a post office named after him, has received awards from the president and congress, whose children's books are used as text books in grammar schools, who was married to the same woman for fifty years, who lived up to every contract even though he was worth 100 times more, who's name hangs on the highest award in college basketball, and who was voted the greatest coach of the 20th century. But of course such accomplishments are overshadowed by a 63 year old guy who dumps his wife for a coed, tightens his face every few years so he can stay current, and then leaves a storied football program just as his marker comes due. I can see why you want to compare Cheaty's period to John Wooden's. GENIUS. (I swiped this from myself after posting on the main board, but I just wanted to rub Demon's face in it.).
Please explain how and when Pete "cheated".

SC was indeed sanctioned, but not for cheating.

Your delusions continue to get in the way of facts.

Jd, again, what exactly did Pete do??????? Saying "nice try" is a weak reply. Answer the question. So we can all know what u know.

Come on jd, told all my friends u had the evidence that Pete cheated. Please list so I can let them know. Thanks in advance....

It's funny that the only people who need to have this explained to them are USC fans.

Here is something you can feel good about. Being that I do not have possession of some psychic powers or alien technology, I cannot tell you what Peter knew about Reggie bush. Most likely, petey told NCAA investigators he didn't know any of his players were receiving unauthorized benefits. However, it doesn't take an idiot to understand that the institution was supportive of the environment that was found to exist at SC and Pete Carroll was one of the heads of that environment, as was the ever defiant and challenging Mike Garret. Is it really a big surprise that most people, not just UCLA and ND fan bases think Pete is a cheater? Has Pete continued his rule violating behavior into the NFL? Do you believe Casey Anthony is innocent? Please, don't pretend SC was victimized by the NCAA or get defensive when people attack St Pete, there is plenty of information out there which suggests otherwise. Enjoy the rest of your season!

This post was edited on 9/28 11:50 AM by Jdosta

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT