ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Fitts was a born Trojan?

Bogus penalties that pretty much has led to alot of unique problems to manage. Any other time, he would have been here already. Thank the Ncaa for giving the other pac schools a hand.

Bogus penalties? You mean Reggie's family didn't collect 300k?

To be fair, I do think the penalties were a bit harsh, but I think that had more to do with SC's response than the actual infractions?

Why not compare your top 15 recruits to our 15 since you get the benefit of SC being handed down draconian sanctions by the corrupt NCAA?

Good idea, Marty. But to be fair to USC,lets compare the last 3 classes between the two schools, in which every class USC's was more highly regarded. 38-28. Do you really want to make this argument?

Forgot to mention 9-5 and 7-6. And Draconian penalties is a bit dramatic. To think, SC could've avoided all this had the arrogance not overtaken thier judgement.

And SC benefitted by Reggie's family going rogue HOW? This wasn't anything like Sam Gilbert at all. Gilbert gave UCLA players money to go to and stick around ucla. The people in Reggie's case were trying to get him to leave and go pro so they could get a piece of the pie. Big difference.

Jdosta, Teammate. The best one i read was over on the trojan forum post board. Erv has said go over on their site and enjoy a good laugh. But a poster there stated that it took only their coach Lane Kiffin could take a lifetime trojan and in less than a month turn him into a "BRUIN"! With that said. I still do not appreciate all these outsiders blasting troy!! It is an all "BRUIN" right!! We need no help with SUC!! We rather defeat them when all is well in TROY!!
This post was edited on 2/5 9:16 PM by always a bruin

AAB, your absolutely right. The thing is, things should've been alright in Troy, certainly lack of talent was not the issue. We beat them handily. Should SC obtain some solid leadership, then I expect our game to be competitive again. Until then, the momentum has completely shifted to us.

Originally posted by HarpuaND1984:
Lol, compare USC's 15 recruits. How about 12 ?
LMAO...

You're right. USC only had 12 recruits. And 10 of them are in the Rivals Top 94. Nico Falah is #180 and Quinton Powell at #190 was offered by almost everyone.

Lets now look look at UGLY's class. Hmmmm, only two are in the top 100. The rest of the class is unranked trash.
smokin.r191677.gif

USC has more 5* recruits already enrolled than the entire Pac12 COMBINED. Lets let that sink in for awhile.
tongue.r191677.gif

SUC Demon. There you go again pumping SUC sunshine as well you should! We coach up not down in Westwood. By the way have you and free Kobe painted the bell blue and delivered it to Westwood yet!! In all seriousness. Need your SUC opinion on the state of SUC football without the sunshine pumping. Hearing a ton of melt down regarding your coach and A.D.You of all Trojans have a grip on what is taking place on Hoover and Jefferson.

Hey Demon, do you really think UCLA's class is mostly trash? You guys got some good players, but you have always recruited that way and last I heard the victory bell is in Westwood, and Georgia tech is the sun bowl champ.

The Lakers have some good players too. Normally I would take this chance to rub it in, but I feel it is uneccessary at this point.

McQuay showed up from Florida and he took Fitts' spot as an EE........who would you rather have?...Fitts didn't like it...too bad for him!

So let's see....how many victories do the Bruins have over SC in the last 10 yrs?....yeah, that's what I thought.

It was a nice run for USC, but UCLA cleaned thier clock this year. Let's see if the Bruins can prove just as dominant in south central this year. Looking forward to it for the first time in a long time. BTW, Fitts was never a born Trojan, or he would've been one. I think you will start to see this pattern more frequently.

So I was over here looking for Enfield reaction and saw this thread.

What's really interesting is I think SC dodged a bullet with Fitts. Coaches aren't allowed to try-out kids, but this was pretty close to it and Fitts showed that he was JV all the way. For sure the situation stunk and we should have handled it better but I worry about local guys needing to stay close to home at all costs. When we gave Fitts' spot to McQuay (no brainer-- you tube McQuay or wait until our next few games) Fitts could have found a great program to make a name for himself. Instead, he takes Mora's call and is a "Bruin for life".

I wish the best for this kid, he's only 18 but his response to adversity shows he's just another soft player for your team. Maybe the next time he sees adversity he'll man up on your 80 yard practice field but I doubt it, more likely he'll be a Mora roster casualty in a couple years. He went from clearly being our lowest priority recruit to one of the unquestioned stars of your class.

You mean like a reverse Nico Falah situation? I think both Nico and Fitts will be pretty decent players. Time will tell.
Anyway, dodging a bullet is not the correct description since Fitts is a highly regarded recruit. Chances are he is going to be a good football player and will no doubt be taking part in tearing down the ailing sc offensive line. Should be a good game this year, can't wait.
This post was edited on 4/3 6:53 PM by Jdosta

Per spring reports, Fitts is tearing it up out there against the 3rd string. Good to see that from a true freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT