ADVERTISEMENT

Lettered Rows in Rose Bowl

Nole1217

Oct 7, 2003
I've heard good and bad about the lettered rows. I'm in Section 11 Row N (End Zone, first row). Are these too close to the field? Am I better off higher up?

Thanks in advance.

If you have an opportunity get seats higher up, I would absolutely recommend it. The lettered rows are below the numbered rows. I'm pretty sure the lettered rows start from top to bottom...with A being higher...so N is going to be VERY VERY low. See accompanying map.

http://rosebowlstadium.s3.amazonaws.com/img/Rose-Bowl-Map.jpg

The field has a VERY high crown and the seats in the Rose Bowl are at a VERY gentle slope up. So you may be barely at field or possibly below it considering the crown. Put all the photogs, cameras, field goal net crew,and security in front of you and it may be very difficult to even see the field of play. PLUS...the video screen will be behind you, so it'll be no help to view what you can't see.

If you have a choice between those seats and no seats at all, then by all means take them...but if you can get seats higher up, go for it, you won't regret it.

Also....if you do choose to keep those seats or any seats...and you do happen to win the game...WORD OF WARNING...the Rose Bowl does NOT allow fans rush the field after a game. Do NOT even try it. You will regret it. You WILL be met with resistance...heavy duty resistance...pepper spray, clubs, subject to arrest, etc. Just ask a few brave UCLA souls who tried it a few years ago when we beat $C. It wasn't pretty.

My buddy has the same question.... Has section 117 row A.....

I got section 115H row 50....

Who do you think has the better tickets???? So we can plan where to sit???

Are you sure the sections are 117 and 115? The should only be between 1-28. There are ONLY 28 sections.

I think maybe you are adding an extra 1 in there....unless you are referring to the actual seat #...which may very well be in the 100's..

Typically the Section # is the same as the Tunnel #. The L or the H is referring to which side of the aisle your seats are on...L= low numbers, seats 1-2-3-etc are to one side of the aisle and H=high numbers 101-102-etc will be to the other side of the aisle.

Your ticket should read something like section 2H, row 23, seat 105...that's one of my season seats.

As for the row #'s....your row 50 is great...you are up about 20-25 rows from the tunnel entrance....great view of the field up there. Your friends....in row A....is not great by any stretch of the imagination...BUT they not entirely horrible either....they certainly could be a lot worse! The lettered rows are below the numbered rows and are very close to the field. BUT...the letters count down to the field, not up from it. So A would actually be just below row 1...rather than being the first row off the field...which I think would be row R or something like that. So he will be down low...and some of his view may possibly be partially blocked at times...but overall, I think they are high enough that he will be able to see over the players on the sidelines without issue. Worst case is he may have to look a the video on some plays down the far end of the field. I can honestly say I know people who really enjoy siting down that low....and purposely have season tickets that low.

Yea I meant section 15 and 17....

thanks for the info... I was actually wrong on row A for my buddy he is row K.....

Okay...row K is not that great. Row A sounded better.

Ummmmm.....If he can possibly get better seats, I'd say go for it. If not, then obviously being anywhere in the Rose Bowl is certainly better than not being there at all.
smile.r191677.gif

Patti,

Thank you for offering your assistance and advice. I got a late Christmas surprise with tickets to the game.

Section 21, Row 21, seats 101-103. Any thoughts or general comments would be appreciated. Specific things I am curious about:

High enough for a good view of the field?

I am assuming these are aisle seats, does 101 start on the side of the section closest to the 50, or closest to the end zone?

Are there seat backs in this section?

What row are the tunnels at for bathroom and concession access?

I followed the link you provided and it had some good info. I really liked being able to see the view from the seats. However, it doesn't show it with people in front of me. I have heard about how gradual the incline is and I am concerned that my view may be blocked.

Once again, thank you for all your input. Most of us Floridians have never had a chance to visit your beautiful stadium. I am looking forward to checking that off my bucket list!

Go Noles!
This post was edited on 12/31 6:25 AM by RedWolfe11

View from those seats is fine. My season seats are just across the field from you in section 2 in row 23. Almost identical and the view from my seats is just fine. .As for you exact view...it depends on how tall the people are in front of you and how tall you are. I'm really short, so when everyone stands and the action is in a certain part of the field and I have to look over a tall person...I have to scoot over a bit to see around him....but if you're an average height, you'll be able to see fine.

The tunnels enter the stadium at a row 25...so you will just go down a few steps to your seats. Makes it very easy to get in and out to us the restrooms and concessions.

To be honest I'm not sure if 101 is to the right or left of the aisle on that side of the field. I've never sat on that side. If I had to guess...based on the premise they use the same system around the stadium...I would say it would your seats will be to the right as you come out of the tunnel....so closer to the goal than the 50. Yes, there are seat backs on your seats.

Good thing about sitting on aisle seats is it is very easy to get in and out. Bad thing is everyone else in the row will be going past you to go in and out. There is almost no legroom at all. So you will have to stand every time someone wants to pass you.

Keep in mind the Rose Bowl is VERY old....and was built at a time when people were much smaller than they are now. It's a tight squeeze. And many of the facilities are not on par with many of the modern stadiums. But the history and location of the stadium makes it a pretty darned special place.

Enjoy the game.

This post was edited on 12/31 11:40 AM by BruinPatti

Thanks Patti. I am 5'11" so I should be ok on the views. I do not plan on sitting much during the game anyhow so the standing to let people pass me is not an issue. I am so damn pumped!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT