ADVERTISEMENT

Notes from UCLA practice on Monday...

EdwardLewis

Jul 3, 2011
UCLA met with the media for the final time before Colorado today. Here were the notes:

-I didn't spot Josh Rosen on the practice field today, and neither did other reporters. When asked about Rosen after practice, Jim Mora declined to comment. From the looks of things, it doesn't look like the QB is anywhere remotely close to returning.

-I asked Mike Fafaul how Rosen has been handling all of this, knowing how much football means to the QB, and Fafaul said: "I'm pretty impressed with the way he's handled it." Fafaul said he's been mature about all of it, despite the obvious frustrating scenario.

-Mora spoke at length today about recruiting and what he's looking for in athletes. He said UCLA has specific parameters for different positions - things like height, weight, hand size, etc. He actually told us a story where he said an NFL team took Caleb Benenoch off their draft board because the circumference of his knee was too small. It was a really interesting conversation; I suggest you check out the video on the front page when it's up.

-Mora wouldn't confirm who the backup QB would be if Fafaul went down, saying only Matt Lynch and Devon Modster have looked good in practice.

-Speaking of Fafaul, he admitted his arm was sore after throwing 70 passes in the Utah game. Said he was glad to have the bye week. On an unrelated note, he said he has a Tom Brady calendar on his wall back at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News