ADVERTISEMENT

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it

hbruin88

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2010
"I appreciate Dan's support and the offer to extend my contract by a year," Dorrell said in a statement issued by the school. "In my mind, we did not accomplish enough of our goals this past season for me to accept the offer of an additional year, so I have respectfully declined it.

"It was a frustrating season for our team, our coaches and our fans. I understand the fans' frustration and hope they will continue to support the young men in this program. UCLA is an outstanding university and my goal is to make us the No. 1 program in the Pac-10. I am confident in my ability, and the ability of our coaching staff, to accomplish the goal."

"Karl Dorrell has a great vision for the UCLA football program and we remain confident in his ability to get the program to where he feels it should be," Guerrero said. "While there was disappointment with the way last season concluded, we still remain very supportive of Karl and feel he is the man to lead us back to the top of the Pac-10."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=1726349

But hey, it worked so well with Karl Dorrell that it's surely going to be the dawn of a new era with Steve Alford as well rather than one more year for Alford to send the program into the gutter. :rolleyes:

And LOL at Dan having to revive one of his more obscure hits from the last decade in an attempt to keep the fans placated. Shows how limited his mind really is. Can't think of a different move than one that failed miserably before.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News