ADVERTISEMENT

Updated 2017 Top 50 Ranking

lotterypick

Aug 8, 2002
Here is Evan's updated ranking list. http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1474946-updated-2017-top-50?s=75

We have a strong shot at 10, 18 and 50. Hoping we can get number 2 also, but so does everyone.

I asked Evan if they could list their AAU team too, because that's a good indicators of who is really doing what and what relationships or no we may have in play. We'll see what he says.

Here's what Josh said and my response to him

The EYBL teams (Oakland Soldiers, Cal Supreme, NW XPress) typically attract the best talent, then the adidas/UA teams (Compton Magic, LV Prospects, Earl Watson Elite etc.), then the non-sponsored teams.

The AAU teams for these kids change so frequently that it would be tough to accurately list them in the rankings.

To your bigger point, it's UCLA; the Bruins don't need an in for anyone in SoCal. If the Bruins staff does their job, they'll land almost anyone they want out here.

That said, 2017 ranked guys:

DeAndre Ayton - Cal Supreme
Troy Brown - Las Vegas Prospects
Billy Preston - Compton Magic
Jaylen Hands - Compton Magic
Cody Riley - Cal Supreme
Ira Lee - Oakland Soldiers
Jaylen Nowell - Seattle Rotary Select
Brandon McCoy - Ground Up
Jalen Hill - Compton Magic
Ethan Thompson - Superior Athletes
Daejon Davis - Seattle Rotary Select
Markus Howard - Las Vegas Prospects
Charles O'Bannon - Earl Watson Elite
Josh Gershon
Scout.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst

I said that I thought shoe company influence was much great er and that I'm glad that a lot of the players are in Adidas programs or ones that we are strong in (Compton Magic especially).

Hoping they put on a solid 2 year run prior for those recruits

Re: Here's what Josh said and my response to him

Is that a misprint? Charles O'Bannon for the Earl Watson Elite ... he better play for UCLA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT