ADVERTISEMENT

What's UCLA's Plan For Your Three Thieves? ...

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
... pull their scholarships, kick 'em off the team then sue them and their families for the SUBSTANTIAL expense of having to leave 'em there (then get 'em home) ... along WITH university representatives? Or, look the other way - or, come up with some lame 'suspension' penalty?
That was no 'juvenile' spur of the moment dumb move, it was THREE STORES; i.e., premeditated THEFT, which embarrassed the NCAA, college sports, in general - UCLA's unbelievably storied basketball program and the ENTIRE United States."Big Baller Brand?" HA!!! " ... bad boy burglar."

Nothing, Big ol slap on the wrist, Maybe 6 game suspension. (Ball, Kardashian, same type of families)
It's California.

Hopefully, boy Stevie doesn't follow his history when he stuck his head in the sand in Iowa City supporting his star, Pierre Pierce, to the max when he ultmately spent prison time for sexual assault. Steve, a self proclaimed "fine Christian man" quickly wore out his welcome with arrogant hypocrisy in granted a progressive environment.

For those of you too young to know, the term beginning with ‘j.......” , used by a contributor to this forum, is only slightly less offensive than the better known “n” word. The term “monkeys”, used by the same writer is also offensive.
I don’t believe either of those words belong here. To me, use of those words to describe anyone is right up there with having a scholarship from a great university, going shopping in a foreign country wearing that school’s gear, and shop lifting. Both offenses deserve suspensions.
For our 3 young men, I believe suspension from basketball for this season is the appropriate sentence, combined with some academic requirements related to effort and performance in the classroom. The university is best able to assess what the latter should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT