ADVERTISEMENT

Why would anyone commit to UCLA for football...

murr0576

Aug 12, 2009
Zero atmosphere or fan base. It's never been anything other than a basketball school. The commits will get to play in front of half empty stadiums. Mixon and Quick are making the smart choice to play at OU. The Bruins are just way too obscure.

Wow.....no fans? Who knew? I wonder who those 70K (avg attendance) people were at our games this year?

Sure, we may not sell out our games. But 70K is nothing to sneeze at.... it's in the top 20.

Do your comments have anything to do with the fact that recruiting seems to going well for UCLA in the State of Texas?

We have no atmosphere? Yeah, the arroyo seco is a pretty ugly place.

Your atmosphere is great. I live in LA and grew up as a UCLA fan during the days of Aikman and Gaston Green and there isn't a whole lot of passion with UCLA football. If you just look at the message boards and compare activity with most major programs this place is a graveyard.

It's nice to have UCLA be somewhat relevant so the PAC 12 strength. But, as has been said here, the fan base is just not there in numbers. Sure, they will get 70k here and there. But, overall the perception is that UCLA football is not strong on a consistent basis. And the Pasadena Rose Bowl is not next to the campus(Westwood) so the full game day experience is different than most major programs.

This is simply not a very popular Bruin message board....and not a good measuring stick when comparing message boards. The "other site" is far more popular. It currently has more people online than both the Nebraska Rivals board and Nebraska's "other site" board combined. AND.....I'm pretty sure Nebraska's most popular board is neither of those.

In Lincoln this year I met Josh Harvey, who runs Nebraska's "other site", and he is insanely jealous of the Bruins "other site'. And, both this site and the "other site" the premium forums are far more popular than the free boards. Without premium access, you're not going to have a true feel for the passion level of fans.

There wasn't a game this year we dropped below 70k. Across town heard they brought in 45k for a home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT