ADVERTISEMENT

Football Starting Lineup next yr

jshawber

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2001
Taking a break for 15 and thought I would take a stab at next years 2 deep for Week 1. May not be the lineup that finishes the season but seems like it would give the team the right level of experience going into the season. I am not 100% sure exactly who is returning for next season but took a guess based on what I have read. Please correct me if I listed someone who will not be on the team next season.

QB - Schlee, Moore
RB - Steele, Harden
WR - Brown, Ford
WR - Sturdivant, Martin
WR - Mokiao-Atimalala, Loya
TE - Habermehl, Matavao
OT - DiGiorgio, Cole
OG - Holstege, Yoon
OC - Clemens, Roy
OG - Carlin, Jeffers
OT - Kounta, Fina

DE - Ga. Murphy, Gr. Murphy
DT - Toia, Magna
DT - Smith, Williams
Edge - Latu, Heimlicher
LB - Muassau, Medrano
LB - Oladejo, Kaho
LB - Vaughns, Jones
CB - Kirkwood, Davies
S - Anderson, Churchwell
S - Ramsey, Nimmo
CB - Humphrey, Johnson

I am sure many will not agree that Schlee should start the season as the #1 QB but he can take care of the ball and is an effective runner. Moore has talent but I would prefer to ease him in rather than let him take too many hits as he is learning. I did not like the way he took hits in the All-American game. He is going to need to learn to protect himself. Years ago he would be redshirted and then given a shot to win the job the next season. But with the transfer portal and everyone wanting to go pro after three seasons, you almost have to play him some. Garbers and Martin may be the odd men out, but you never know. I think Duncan Redshirts. Griffin may end up 3rd string if two of the top 4 transfer. Then he will go on to running a Fortune 500 company one day.

The players I am most excited to see play as first time Bruins are Steele and Oladejo. These guys are real. We are going to enjoy watching them punish opposing teams.

Position Group Assessment:
QB: Deep - about as deep as you get without a returning starter
RB: Deep - could see Steele and Harden run for 1000+ each
WR: Deep - A lot of players with different talents for Chip to work with. If he can tap into Fords potential, watch out.
TE: Quality Depth - Carson, who I do not have listed above, looked great in limited playing time as a true freshman.
OL: Average Depth - I think the starters will be fine and we can go with the 6 OLineman formations but not sure what will happen if we get a couple injuries
DL: Average Depth - Kind of a repeat of OL. Starters can stop the run and starters and backups can pressure the QB but not sure how well we hold up against the run if there is an injury at DT.
LB: Deep: I expect a big step up from a group that only lost one player from the two deep, added a top transfer, and has some young guys with more experience.
DB: No Idea - This was the weakest position group on the team last year and both safeties graduated. On paper there is talent and all the CBs are back.

Overall, if the OL and DL can stay healthy and the secondary can improve then the O will continue to produce big numbers and D's improvement will be the key to a good season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News