ADVERTISEMENT

How do you view Chip?

YRUHateN

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
I know we are all euphoric about being 6-0 which is awesome but I was thinking of how do you view Chip now in totality? His first 3 years he was 10-21. He’s 14-4 since with a current 9 game winning streak.
Do you think he’s a coach that now truly has the program on the rise that can have sustained success or is he a coach that needs a completely mature team to be successful? If it’s the latter, he will only have success every 3-4 years.
I truly don’t know what to think of Chip. I felt he had to win at least 9 games for this to be considered a successful season. He’s 2/3 of the way there and 1 game better than I thought we would be at this point.
I’m not enamored with his recruiting but I can’t deny 80-90% of his transfer pickups have been a success, some extraordinary successes. I think it’s possible to continue to have success in the transfer portal but I don’t think you can compete with the truly elite programs year after year with this philosophy.
I’m VERY happy for where we are currently and I am cautiously optimistic that this could become a dream season. If we get to 11-1 or 12-0 I guess it won’t matter if he’s the answer long term because he will buy at least 3-4 years of goodwill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News