ADVERTISEMENT

It seems as if...

Themudge

Jan 21, 2014
...the idea of "If we win they will come" has never been more important.

While we have a few nice pieces in our 2018 recruiting class, it's been awhile where we haven't been in the serious mix for a number of 4*'s. That Lamb announcement hurt. And I'm not trying to crap on any of the commitments so far. We have a history of some really dynamic 3 star players turning into some of our best. And I'm expecting the same from those who are coming to Westwood next season. I'm also not going to say, "Oh we botched this or that". I have no idea what the coaches are doing behind the scenes, so to speculate is pure conjecture.

That being said, it's hard not to look at our class so far and wonder why it isn't better and can it become better in the current state of our program? My answer is no. And that leads me back to the opening sentence--we need to win to regain some recruiting footing and land some high end guys and flip some others.

The schedule does us no favors: road games at Stanford, Washington, Utah, SUC, and Memphis (who CBS Sports listed as their #1 team outside of the Big 5 with a chance to go to a major bowl), is daunting. Of course it also gives us opportunities to shock people. But with all of that, we need a serious upward trajectory, which I believe is fair and realistic. I'm not saying win 9 games +, I'm saying this needs to look like a program that at the very least is about to blow up (in a positive way :)).

A lot of our games last year could have been won. The difference between Coach Fisch and Polamalu might be enough right there to turn some L's to W's. But truth is: we have to win the games we are supposed to (and in strong fashion) and win a game or 2 that we aren't. Otherwise, this trend in recruiting is going to stay at a low level.

I believe we can and will make it happen this year. 37 days to go.

Go Bruins!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News