ADVERTISEMENT

Notes from Mora-Fisch presser...

EdwardLewis

Jul 3, 2011
UCLA coach Jim Mora and new OC Jedd Fisch held a teleconference Thursday morning to discuss the new hire. Here are the notes (I'll have a full transcription up hopefully in a bit):

-Mora announced Jedd Fisch will be offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

-Fisch: "It is definitely great to getting back to being the offensive coordinator and doing it at UCLA."

-Asked what style of offense Fisch will run, Fisch didn't want to put a label on it. He said he'll run a "multiple offense" with "multiple tempos." He said he'll evaluate UCLA's personnel and then figure out what types of offenses he wants to run.

-Mora said he didn't really talk to anyone that runs a spread offense for the OC position. Reiterated that no spread offense has ever won a national championship.

-Jim Mora declined to comment on what the rest of UCLA's offensive staff would look like. "I'm just excited to" talk about Jedd.

-Fisch emphasized he'll have a "commitment to run the ball" that he learned from coaching under guys like Mike Shanahan and Brian Billick.

-Fisch said he hasn't talked in person yet with Josh Rosen, but they have exchanged messages and they'll talk on the phone within the next "24 hours."

-Speaking of Rosen, Mora said the quarterback will check in with team doctors on Monday, but all signs are he's progressing very well from shoulder surgery.

-Jim Mora on the NFL and his possible interest in going back: "My sole focus is UCLA and UCLA football. I love it here. I hope I can stay here the rest of my career."

-Mora said there's one underclassmen "flirting" with NFL, but he wouldn't reveal who that is until it's official. Although he said he's "sure" we could guess who.

Those were all the key notes from the 17-minute presser. Everything else was just pretty much compliments and "excited to begins."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News