ADVERTISEMENT

Some notes from tonight...

EdwardLewis

Jul 3, 2011
-Prior to this weekend's camp, I had heard UCLA was the leader - and possibly the big leader - for both Jordan Parker. Yet today, both said USC and Arizona State were now their leaders. I thought that was strange, so I went poking around. And per a source, I was told Thompson will actually have a very difficult time getting in to UCLA academically, and the Bruins have pulled back substantially since they learned of that news. Parker, however, has a 3.5 GPA, but as a package deal, it looks like the Bruins may be out of this one for the elite duo.

-I had several coaches this week, and obviously today I had several recruits, tell me Scott White has been doing a lot of the heavy lifting for linebacker recruiting this month. He's been the one making calls and he was the one who helped give Curtis Robinson a tour around UCLA when he visited last week. So naturally, I asked around about this too. A source told me nothing is official yet with his hiring, just that White is holding things down while Jim Mora "gets things done with the defensive coordinator." I think it's pretty clear White will likely get the promotion, but like Tom Bradley, we're still in a holding pattern for this hire too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News