ADVERTISEMENT

A few notes...

EdwardLewis

Jul 3, 2011
Not much information this week for a full Bruin Bite, but some notes:

-Four-star San Diego OL Michael Alves visited UCLA Sunday. He tweeted that he "really enjoyed" the trip and that he'll be releasing his top five this week. While the Bruins were behind some schools heading into today, I'd have to imagine they'd make his top five at least.

-After chatting with new 2017 commitment Rahyme Johnson about his pledge this week, I asked him about USC. After all, one of his main reasons for pledging to UCLA was its proximity to home and his mom. USC offers that as well, and after seeing Michael Pittman flip from an early UCLA pledge, I had to hear his answer. Here's what he said about the Trojans: "I don't really think USC can change anything. I'm heavy on UCLA right now. USC has talked to me, but I don't really think I would change for them."

-Three-star Nebrasksa TE / DE and UCLA offeree Noah Fant tweeted he will visit UCLA (and Cal) next week.

-Five-star 2017 DB Darnay Holmes released a top 10 this week on Twitter:

-It's been a tough year on the cornerback recruiting front for UCLA, but keep an eye on three-star Texas CB Bailey Phillips. He just scheduled his Bruin official visit last week, and we've heard UCLA has a solid shot with him.

-In a note UCLA fans may appreciate, sources in four-star tight end Devin Asiasi's camp have indicated to a few people at Rivals.com that USC is no longer the leader for the big athlete. The Trojans took Cary Angeline at TE, and now apparently Asiasi is looking elsewhere for more immediate playing time. Some say Washington is now the frontrunner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News