ADVERTISEMENT

A pre-early signing day primer...

EdwardLewis

Jul 3, 2011
I don't really know what to expect from Signing Day tomorrow (Wednesday). But here's my general feel as to what's going on:

Guys I expect to sign:

-Kazmeir Allen (he announced on his Twitter page he'll sign early)

-Bryan Addison (he announced on his Instagram page he'll sign early)

-Bo Calvert (he said after flipping he'd sign early)

-Alec Anderson (he said after his official he's 100 percent so I don't see why he'd wait)

-Chase Cota (he said after committing he'd sign early)

-Kyle Philips (he's an early enrollee, so I believe he has to sign early)

Guys I don't expect to sign:

-Stephan Blaylock (usually Bosco has big ceremonies for recruits signing, and their SID hasn't sent over anything about that, plus I believe Blaylock wants to take more visits in January)

-Olaijah Griffin (he's still committed but will take more visits in January)

-Dorian Thompson-Robinson (he tweeted tonight he won't sign)

Guys I expect to flip tomorrow:

-Abdul-Malik McClain - Sources at USC have indicated to our Rivals site he's told them he's coming. Plus, it's not often that a day or two before you sign with UCLA you blast all kinds of pictures of you rocking USC gear on your Twitter page. Even if he doesn't flip Wednesday, Chip Kelly has already used his in-home with the OLB and he's already taken his official. I wouldn't expect him to end up in this class.

-Jahan Dotson - It seems pretty clear he won't end up with UCLA tomorrow. Might be Penn State. But at this point, I think it'd be a big surprise if he ended up with the Bruins.

Signing Day decisions:

-Atonio Mafi - He's down to Cal and UCLA. I get the vibe that after the UCLA official it'll be UCLA. But would not be surprised to see Cal.

-JUCO OL Mikey Grandy - Texas is the kind of school where if you silently commit on an official visit, or give a strong indication you're going there, it leaks out almost immediately on all the recruiting websites/message boards down there. There hasn't been a word about Grandy from UT people after his official there this weekend, so I'd have to believe it'll be UCLA for him tomorrow.

Guy I think might get Aaron Maldonado'ed next:

-I have yet to see or hear anything from C.J. Parks regarding Chip Kelly and UCLA's interest in him, just like Maldonado, Isaiah Johnson, Matthew Tago and Niti Liu before him. I wouldn't be shocked to see him decommit at some point, particularly if no NLI is in by the end of this week.

As for everyone else on UCLA's radar, I think they either end up elsewhere or end up not signing tomorrow. I wouldn't expect any earth-shattering surprises like we usually get on regular signing days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News