ADVERTISEMENT

Both little Diddy and Alosi are coming off as bad in this thing

juanfrombz

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2005
Rehoboth Beach, DE and Arlington, VA
When in reality, both seem to be pretty good people, but not sensitive to the other's perspective. First off, Daddy Diddy should be the subject of discussion. He went crazy over a small issue his son could have easily absorbed or dealt with.

But the reports are now that Alosi was very hard on Combs and there were two tipping points. He went to the NBA All-Star game with his dad instead of attending a voluntary workout (that others missed.) When he returned, Alosi had a screen shot of him at he game in good seats with his dad and made him work out with others who missed practice while the rest watched and were encouraged to hiss and boo. The screen shot was projected onto a screen or TV during this incident. He called out Combs by calling him worthless, and said he was only there because of his rich daddy and why doesn't he just quit.

The other tipping point was similar where the day of or before the assault, Alosi went off on Combs in a similar manner and Combs finally said something, which got him kicked out of practice.

I think Alosi was likely trying to motivate Combs, but did so in the exact wrong way. Where he assumed he needed motivation to work, what he really needed was to be treated normally and fit in aside from his father.

I think Combs disregarded the tough love as hate and his Dad went psycho without having a chance to settle down.

The only part where Alosi really looks bad is if he was actually riding him to the point where Alosi clearly wanted him to quit. If he cannot stand people because they are successful, then that is a strange form of reverse discrimination. It reminds me in a sense of how everyone loves for a high first round pick to fail so they can call him a bust, but a seventh rounder everyone roots for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News