ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Coach I

dwes61

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2006
Bruin Head Softball Coach Kelly Inouye-Perez notched career victory no. 700 in Seattle, Washington over this past weekend. On Sunday afternoon the girls completed a three-game sweep of the Huskies thus earning Coach I her milestone achievement. Coach I has spent her entire career as a Bruin. As a player from 1989-93, she was part of 3 national championships. She began her coaching career as an assistant before being named Head Coach in 2007. All told she has now been in Westwood for 34 years in one capacity or another. Along with the 700 wins. She has brought home 2 Nattys , 3 Pac 12 titles and has coached a myriad All-Americans during her tenure. She has never won fewer than 36 games in a season and has won 50 or more 6 times. The girls have also made 6 straight trips to the college world series after only going twice in Coach's first eight years. She has the squad rolling again this year. With this past weekend's sweep at UDUB, the girls have now won 21 games in a row and are currently ranked 2nd in the nation. All this despite being down two staters! Oregon Ducks this weekend at Easton if you can't get in to spring practice. Again congrats to Coach I on reaching such a monumental milestone! Go Bruins!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News