ADVERTISEMENT

Ed, would love your thoughts on this class to date...

jurmanji2

Jan 27, 2004
Just my thoughts on this class so far, but would love your opinion.

Krys Barnes - seems like a true ILB. Great pickup after last years whiffs.

Parker - their best commit and at a position of great need. .. whoops he's gone.

Breland Brandt - a DE in a LBs body. Have to hope he grows into his body. Hopefully a lot of upside but some real worries, as his HS performance hasn't wowed anybody and neither have his camps. Does not look like an LB.

Demetric Felton Among the many flawed WRs this year, he looks pretty good. Maybe even under rated. Like him a lot better than Alloway.

Dymond Lee Not a QB, duh. Have heard he's a great WR but can't say he shows up great on film and I don't see the speed everyone talks about.

Matt Lynch Not much of fan. I know people liked his camp, but I thought O'brien was far superior in everything except running (UCLA has a great group of running QBs that all play WR). Have to hope they add someone.

Marcus Moore Seemingly talented, but a tweener. Realize the they need bodies but not sure what position he ends up as.

Osa Odighizuwa Better than hoped, A good body to have with some upside.

Darian Owens - If he can catch he seems like a potentially good WR, no clue how he fits in at safety, but hopefully well sicne he has catching issues.

Jalen Starks - tape is good, but is he really the back UCLA needs? Confused.

Lokeni Toailoa - an ILB with flexibility issues and possible size issues. Does he grow into a DE is he explosive to play there if he does?

It seems like this class is looking decidedly meh with over half the spots gone. Obviously there's a long way to go but the tea leaves don't suggest that UCLA is really in it for a lot of top tier players (Beitku, Tagaloa, excluded). Ed, do you see any hopeful scenarios, or is this just going to be a pretty down year?

Reactions: psybruin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News