ADVERTISEMENT

Now for the not so good stuff

YRUHateN

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Obviously everyone is gushing over Rosen and rightfully so but there were definitely some concerns.

1. Our linebackers were very average. They really didn't make many plays.

2. Our secondary seemed to be about the same as last year. I thought I would see a lot more plays made out of this group as well. Not so much.

3. Our rushing offense wasn't very impressive. I realize Virginia was stacking the box and forcing Rosen to beat them (which he did wonderfully) but I felt we could have gotten more out of the run game. Now this more on Mazzone than the players. Now that he has a QB that can make all the throws he wants to call I'm concerned he may fall in love with the pass and forget about Perkins and that great stable of backs.

4. I REALLY hope we never have to depend on Our kicker to win a game for us. I have negative confidence in him.

5. Our punting game is pretty awful too. In a tight game this could come back to haunt us. I know we addressed it in our upcoming class but losing our punter a couple of years ago HURT! We could seriously use him.

I think we have a great chance to make noise but we need to clean up se areas to be able to make it jay next step.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News