ADVERTISEMENT

On Darnay Holmes...

EdwardLewis

Jul 3, 2011
Asked a recruit down at Army what his thoughts were on Darnay Holmes' upcoming commitment after being around him this weekend. Holmes is apparently still torn between Ohio State and UCLA, the recruit said, but added Holmes might be leaning toward "staying home" in L.A.

So we'll see. Here's our front page story on Holmes' via our Ohio State site.

FYI, here was our OSU writer Marc Givler's take on Holmes after talking with him today:

At last update, I was buying the smoke around Holmes much more than the previous "pushes" OSU was making for Smith and DPJ. The people I trust the most on him told me he was really going back and forth before the holidays and that Ohio State had really shaken things up. I wanted to see him down here in San Antonio and more importantly, see him get through the holidays and let the momentum of the official visit to Ohio State and the in-home with Urban Meyer wear off and try to get a feel for everything.

In talking to him today, I got a pretty strong Ohio State vibe from him. In talking to other people familiar with the situation, he is telling Ohio State people all of the right things right now.

I would have to lean towards Ohio State being the pick on Saturday at this point.

Darnay is incredibly sharp and media savvy, and it's something worth noting and worth concerning myself with when I try and decipher what's real here and what might be a smoke screen or suspense builder.

But this would be quite a production to pull off if he's actually set on UCLA. To play the game this well both publicly and privately would be so incredibly calculated.

I think Meyer really shook things up on the official visit. He shook them up even more on the in-home. I don't think it wore off, I think Meyer has turned the tide here. I'll probably be working this one all week, but the vibe is Ohio State right now.

I'm not so sure that there isn't some correlation between Kendall Sheffield's father recently telling me it might be until the second week of January before a decision is made, and Holmes starting to trend OSU's way.

There seems to be more confidence on the OSU side of things here, where as for other prospects recently it has been hope. Just getting a different vibe around this one than some of the other recent high profile recruitments that didn't go OSU's way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News