ADVERTISEMENT

One reason I'm a huge fan of Priest Willis

hbruin88

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2010
We all know he's had a bit of a tough time of it so far at UCLA, but the consensus is that he busts his ass and continues to work to get things right. And he hasn't let any struggles adjusting to college football affect his feelings about the team or about the school:

"Murphy, the top player in the state of Arizona, said he loves his relationship with UCLA coaches. Yet it's his friendship with Priest Willis that really has him liking UCLA early on.

"I always get to talk to the coaches every day," Murphy said of the Bruins. "They check in on me every day and my best friend Priest, he goes there. That's my boy."

Murphy met Willis when the two were at Tempe (Ariz.) Marcos De Niza some three years ago. The four-star 2016 corner said the two defensive backs hit it off immediately.

They would hang out with each other, do workouts together, and now, several years later, Willis has Murphy seriously considering continuing that relationship in Westwood next season.

"He always says, 'It's the best place ever and you need to come here,'" Murphy said. "He tried to get me to commit there when I went out there for the USC Junior Day. I saw him out there in Cali and he just told me I need to commit there.""

https://ucla.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1742733

This post was edited on 3/4 2:59 PM by hbruin88

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News