ADVERTISEMENT

Problems on d

dream4018

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2004
when I think of what we've lost in the last year, it starts to make sense why we are playing so poorly on d. On the dline, we no longer have vanderdoes, owa, and Ellis McCarthy. in a 3-4 those guys were fantastic. Now with Hollins, mckinley, tuioti-mariner and Dickerson, these guys seem to be perfect for a 4-3. But now we run into the issue of dt. Outside of Clark, we don't have any quality dtackles that are ready (maybe ulu perry but who knows). Then I look at the lb. issaco is a great down hill backer but doesn't seem to be able to cover quicker backs. Young is as athletic as a lb needs to be but good lord does he seem lost a good amount of the time. Brown I feel is a great cover backer but doesn't seem to be able to hold up against the run. And now we turn to the dumpster fire that is our secondary. I would salivate about the thought of playing our secondary if I was a pac 12 oc. And to be clear I blame coach meat 100%. We do not develop our dbs for jack shit. It's like they haven't learned a damn thing since they got on campus. It's not like you can argue that our guys are that much worse physically than other pac 12 schools. But my god when was the last time you saw a ucla corner turn his head and make a play in coverage??? Not since alterruan verner!! If coach mora REALLY wants to make us elite he needs to upgrade the coaching staff, starting with our dbs, get a real freaking dline coach (sorry angus but your pedigree should but you on the offensive side with te or oline) and get a dc who can is not afraid to play man while bringing some pressure.

Reactions: gobluebruin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News