ADVERTISEMENT

Sears, Martell, Sipe clips

cac90277

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2013
SoCal
Sears seemed to have excellent foot work. Very clean feet with no wasted motion or hops. He looked like he stays up on top of the ball with his release, making him very accurate and like Ed says, spins it well. Nice job throwing while escaping the pocket. Had one where his elbow dropped and the ball rose on him. He looks (size wise) like JR, tall with the ability to pack on a few safety pounds. Only two things I saw in the short clips were confidence and rip it issues. They go together and he'll get those. Just rip the ball. Very nice recruit.

Tate Martell is what he is. He seems to have to use his entire body to throw the ball. I personally don't care for that. His hips are quick when snapping the throw on the run but gets under the ball with dropping his elbow. Minor stuff that can be worked on. His feet are quick, but a little choppy, not as smooth. Sears looked more like a QB to me with much more upside.

Sipe was very much like Sears, just a tic behind. Looks long, gets on top of the ball and throws a pretty clean ball. Nice release point in the pocket. On the move can tend to drop his release point (like a lot of guys do on the run). Sears was more accurate when placing the the ball where he wanted it and I believe that is bc Sears foot work is a little better.

1) Sears
2) Sipe
3) Martell

Just in those little clips of corse.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News