ADVERTISEMENT

Some O-line recruiting notes...

EdwardLewis

Jul 3, 2011
UCLA took a pretty good blow losing Aaron Banks to Notre Dame on Friday. I think UCLA felt somewhat confident they would get him. So where does UCLA go from here on the O-line front? I asked around a little bit. Here's what I got:

-I was told to expect a decommitment from Ronald Rudd sooner or later. What we thought was just a miscommunication when Rudd wasn't able to set up his official visit for the USC game might have been a clue into UCLA mutually parting ways with Rudd. The big OL is taking visits and in-homes to other schools, and he didn't respond when asked for comment on his commitment earlier this week. Don't be surprised to see a tweet from him in the near future opening things up.

-From what I'm hearing, these are the top priorities for UCLA O-line recruiting and the guys UCLA feels best about landing with Banks now out of the picture: Orlando Umana, Zach Sweeney, Isiah Moore and Jax Wacaser.

-Also, from what I've been told, UCLA is getting back in the mix for Wyatt Davis. While I'm skeptical, it appears Davis might be getting some cold feet about leaving California for Ohio State.

Reactions: bruinmanny
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News