ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Alford

acucla

Jul 19, 2005
No one wants to be right about SA not being a great coach. I love UCLA and want them to win in everything. The problem is that our basketball team does not guard anyone, takes terrible shots and has very little intensity. I don't care if Donald Duck is the head coach. I loved Howland when his teams were getting to the Final 4. They guarded and rebounded as well as anyone. The offense wasn't great but Defense and rebounding will usually take you a long way. The problem is that he is just an average coach. Yes, we did get to 2 straight sweet 16s. This however can be a little misleading. Both times we played 2 just ok teams and got by. Case in point is sometimes people put too much into the tournament. Look at the coach at USC. He makes one nice run in the tournament and people think he is just an amazing coach. He isn't. I would love to get to the final 4 again but on the court I just don't see it. With that being said, he is putting together a little better recruiting classes. So I hope I am wrong and we get back to where we should be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News