ADVERTISEMENT

The back-to-back Sweet 16s last year...

abnerk

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2013
...is killing the UCLA basketball program right now. It set us back 3 years. I know, I know..signing day for football is among us so who cares about bball, right? But can't help it...gotta rant.

Alford's back-to-back Sweet 16 runs have bought him too much time. We needed his seat to be hot at the beg. of this season (and would have been so if he didn't make the tourney last year) so that he would be fired by the end of this 16-15 season. That would have put us in position to get a sound, fundamental, hungry coach jumping at the opportunity to take on a loaded roster. This would have rejuvenated an empty Pauley and raised hope for the fanbase. Instead, we'll have Alford for one more year only to flop with the most talented Bruins squad in 8 years. Next year should be a final four run for any above average coach with the expected roster. Instead, we'll get another Sweet 16 berth followed by an embarrassing firing/buyout debacle and scramble to bring in a coach who sees a program in deep trouble (who do we convince at that point to come coach a bad situation?). With transfers and 1 and dones long gone, it'll take the new coach another 3 years to right the ship. Extremely dispiriting.

Mique better choose the Bruins to cheer me up, man. I swear...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News