ADVERTISEMENT

Where are they now?

Arnold9289

Jan 28, 2014
Where are they now

I recall a poster previously saying that he or she was interested in seeing how previous UCLA targets were doing at their respect schools. So I thought this was interesting to look up during some free time in the library. I’ve only been following recruiting for two years so these are notable misses that made UCLA fans languish.
P.S. Hope you dont mind Ed.

Malachi Dupree LSU

· Named to the All SEC freshman 1st team with 14 receptions for 318 yards and 5 touchdowns. Played in 12 games with 2 starts.

· 2015 stats as of 11/9/15. 8 games played with 5 starts. 23 catches for 420 yards and 5 touchdowns. Average of 18.3 a catch and averages 52.5 yards a game.

· Read a report in which he was frustrated with lack of targets/pass attempts.

· Majoring in business

Davon Godchaux LSU (I think he was part of the big Louisiana 3 not sure though)

· 2014: played in 13 games with 10 starts. Total of 42 tackles with 1.5 TFL. Had zero sacks with 3 quarterback hits and one forced fumble.

· 2015: 8 games played with 8 starts. Has a total of 28 tackles, 6 TFL and 3 sacks. Also has two separate quarterback hits.

· Majoring in Kinesiology

Joe Mixon Oklahoma

· Highly publicized incident involved assault on a woman at a local Oklahoma bar. Spent his freshman year under suspension but was allowed to return.

· 2015: Redshirt freshman year. So far has played in 9 games with 2 starts. 78 carries for 519 yards. Average of 6.7 and 5 TD’s. Also has 22 receptions for 313 yards and a 14.2 average per catch and 4 TD’s.

Roquan Smith Georgia

· Has played in 8 out of 9 games so far. Sees time mostly on special teams but has made a total of 15 tackles so far with no other visible statistics.

Rashaan Evans Alabama

· 2014: Spent the year primarily on special teams. But made 15 tackles with 1 sack and 2 TFL’s. Played in every game.

· 2015: Still primarily plays on passing downs and special teams. Has made a total of 3 tackles with 2 sacks. Has played in 8 games.

Ryan Newsome Texas

· True freshman at Texas has played in 5 games so far. Has 3 receptions for 21 yards on the year. Has returned 4 kickoffs for 70 yards. Average of 17.5 a kickoff.

If anyone has any suggestions or would like the status or update on other players that come to mind leave a comment and I’ll look it up during my free time at school or work. Of course as long as it’s cool with Ed. Also LSU canceled a game against someone this year so they have only played 8 games. All stats are from the official university statistics sheets.

Interesting statistic this year: USC has thrown the ball to Juju Smith 60 times for 1094 yards and 9 TD’s. Nearest receiver? Adore Jackson with 23 receptions for 379 yards. Pretty shocking drop off imo. Ronald Jones is a beast though. Only USC player that I enjoy watching.

Reactions: JohnG2370
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News