ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Ford opens up about lone season at UCLA

Tracy McDannald

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
Over on the USC site, Ryan Young caught up with Kyle Ford and his father, Dan, to reflect on his lone season at UCLA and the frustrations of watching the offense never consistently involving its biggest targets.

"We were assured some things over at UCLA, and I guess with the quarterback situation over there and the line situation and just Chip [Kelly] being who he is, it didn't work out," Dan Ford said. "It was early in the season, man. We kind of figured it out early in the season when [quarterback Ethan] Garbers was benched and Dante [Moore] was the starting quarterback, the line was limited -- about the third game is kind of when we started seeing ... it was just a trainwreck on offense. And then Kyle wasn't even utilized, neither was the other guy [J.Michael] Sturdivant, and we were just like, 'Dude, there is something totally wrong with this. What's going on?'"

"It was just every game continually being frustrated and not getting the results out of what you put in," Kyle Ford said. "I think it's hard to put in, put in, put in and not get anything back. Especially the caliber of player I know I am. ... Every game was frustrating. On the first drive of our year, I had two catches for 50 yards (39 yards, actually) and that's probably the most yards I had the rest of the season."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.