ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, Did You Read This?

Mazatlan

Nov 2, 2005
On the front page there's an interview with 5 Star DB Tyreke Johnson from the powerhouse Jacksonville (FL) Trinity Christian program. A school the staff has previously invested time getting known to. There were two questions asked by Daniel Walker that were critical, and the answers were home runs for UCLA fan.

In the first question we learn UCLA was the leader coming into the unofficial visit. That's huge and something new, or at least not widely reported.

In the second he gives another clue to how well things are going. In writing (such as tweets) recruits often even things up between schools. When respond off the cuff however, things are different. The fact he mentions UCLA first with school recruiting him the hardest is significant.

Q: Where does UCLA currently stand after your visit this weekend?

A: "Well, they came into the visit as No. 1, and I'm going to leave with the Bruins at No. 1."

Q: What schools are currently recruiting you the hardest?

A: "UCLA, Florida State, Georgia, Alabama, LSU and Florida are recruiting me the hardest."

While not as important as the answers above, his response to a question about moving across country also caught my eye:

https://ucla.n.rivals.com/news/tyreke-johnson-visits-ucla-leaves-with-bruins-at-no-1-

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News